Twitter

Thursday, May 3, 2012

5 stars!


5.0 out of 5 stars The visuals alone make this book a good read., April 28, 2012
This review is from: The Fossegrimen Folly (Camp Lac Igam) (Kindle Edition)
When I began reading this, I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it would be something that only young kids and teens would enjoy... I was wrong. I am 39 and loved it! Being that my favorite Author is Stephen King, I was surprised to find that I really enjoyed this fantasy book. I usually lean toward the suspenseful/horror/supernatural genre. I am now looking forward to the next book like you anticipate the next weekly episode of your favorite television show.

For a first time author, Michael Almich created a visual story that you would expect from a seasoned author. I am hoping that this becomes a movie. There are so many things that would be really cool to be seen, not just imagined. I really believe the story is just begging for a screenplay.

I have many favorite parts but what I liked most was the beginning of summer camp and the discovery of... well, I don't want to give anything away. The last 20 pages or so really kept me on my toe's anticipating what was going to happen. I was happy with the ending unlike many books that leave you asking.... What?

Great first book Mr. Almich. Bring on book two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment